Our local property experts here at Catons Commercial have a strong track record of helping those interested in the Lancaster and Morecambe investment property market to expand their portfolios. We possess the expertise and knowledge that could be instrumental in your efforts to achieve healthy returns.
What makes Lancaster and Morecambe Bay an investment property hotspot?
The city of Lancaster and the surrounding areas offer pretty much everything that one could want from a city… just in a small package. Lancaster and Morecambe have good local amenities and strong transport links. It is handily located for the coast and countryside, and there are not one, but two universities.
Everything in Lancaster and Morecambe are smaller than in most other cities – and that includes the property prices, which offer top value for property investors.
Why buy investment property in Lancaster and Morecambe?
Lancaster is a major cultural and economic centre for North West England that holds appeal for investors and residents alike.
Lancaster is right on the A6 and M6 motorway, with other transport links including Lancaster railway station, which is on the West Coast Main Line and has regular trains to London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and elsewhere. Lancaster has a thriving nightlife – thanks in part to its student population – while its compact size means the city centre is easily walkable, too.
Property values in Lancaster
With its population of about 146,000 people and an average house price of around £155,000, Lancaster has property prices well below the £248,000 national average in England.
Lancaster house prices vary, however, depending on which area of the city one is looking to buy in. Recent figures from major property portals indicate that property prices here vary from as low as £50,000 in the cheapest areas, up to around £800,000 or more in the most expensive parts.
How can we assist portfolio landlords in Lancaster?
As experienced landlords ourselves here at Catons Commercial, we have the expertise to help with your property business – from managing your properties and helping with refurbishments, to assisting the growth of your portfolio by advising on new investments.
Like you, our priorities are maximising rental income, minimising voids, and keeping wear and tear to a minimum. That’s why we offer a wealth of services for portfolio landlords in Lancaster, including:
- Full property management services, including specialist student property management services for student landlords.
- Advice if you’re looking to invest further – such as help with choosing the right area, the number of bedrooms, and the type of house.
- Experience in extending, converting, and upgrading buildings; as well as knowledge of how to resolve damp. We can offer project management of refurbishments and advise on low-cost, high-quality specifications so that no money is wasted.
- Student property investment specialists – we provide a turnkey service for landlords who rent their properties to student tenants.
- The tradesmen we use have a clear remit on the standards of repair we expect. We understand how to maintain a building without wasting money.
- With our full management service, our property managers will take personal responsibility for your account – they get to know you and your property, and serve as your key point of contact.
Our specialists here at Catons Commercial want to make investing in property hassle-free! All that you have to do is pay your mortgage and insurance, and we will look after the rest through our tried-and-tested company set-up and extensive local networking.
We’re also experts in student property management
We realise that renting out student properties isn’t quite the same as renting out other properties. That’s why we have specialist student lettings staff in our team to help you with your business.
We go the extra mile for student landlords. For further information on our comprehensive services as student property management specialists, please visit our dedicated site, Student Housing Lancaster.